HP Rolls Out ProLiant G6 Servers
HP recently introduced HP ProLiant G6 server line designed to deliver double the performance with only half the power consumption of previous generation servers.
The new HP ProLiant G6 servers are available in 11 standards-based tower, rack and blade platforms and represent the largest HP ProLiant rollout in India.
Rajesh Dhar, director, Industry Standard Servers, HP India Sales, said, "Now more than ever, customers want the best possible return on their server investments. The G6 brings together the best HP innovations in energy efficiency, virtualization and services to enable our customers to do more with less."
Quoting IDC figures, HP said it has a 30% market share out of the total number of 135,000 x86 servers sold in 2008 in comparison to 127,000 in the previous year in the country.
"India is a very important market for servers and is among the top four countries in the APAC region. We see a big market coming from the government, enterprise and telecom players and presently see education institutions playing a major role," said Dhar.
The HP ProLiant G6 servers are fitted with Intel Nehalam processor, and includes energy-saving features such as HP Sea of Sensors that automatically track thermal activity across the server through a collection of 32 smart sensors and dynamically adjust system components like fans, memory and input/output processing to optimize system cooling and increase efficiency.
At Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh, the G6 servers are priced 10-15% higher than the previous G5 model of servers.
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- 5 Things To Expect If Bitcoins Are Legalized In India
- What’s Up With Mid-level IT leaders?
- What Makes SHAREit So Bullish On India Market
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations