HP supports customers despite Oracle’s anti-customer actions
HP (NYSE:HPQ) today reiterated that it will continue the development and innovation of Itanium-based Integrity server platforms with its HP-UX operating system using a roadmap that extends more than 10 years. In addition, the company will continue to support customers running existing versions of Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL) software on Itanium-based Integrity servers, both existing and future platforms, during the same timeframe.
“Oracle continues to show a pattern of anti-customer behavior as they move to shore up their failing Sun server business,” remarked Dave Donatelli, EVP and GM, enterprise servers, storage and networking, HP. “We are shocked that Oracle would put enterprises and governments at risk while costing them hundreds of millions of dollars in lost productivity in a shameless gambit to limit fair competition.”
In a direct contradiction to a statement made yesterday by Oracle, Paul Otellini, president and CEO, Intel said, “Intel’s work on Intel Itanium processors and platforms continues unabated with multiple generations of chips currently in development and on schedule. We remain firmly committed to delivering a competitive, multi-generational roadmap for HP-UX and other operating system customers that run the Itanium architecture.”
The comapny stated it moved ahead into second position in the Unix market while Sun lost share and fell back into third since Oracle announced it would acquire Sun in April of 2009. It is clear that Oracle customers are voting with their purchasing decisions against the Sun platform. This latest Oracle action of disinformation is clearly an attempt to force customers into purchasing Sun servers in a desperate move to slow their declining market share.
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- Flipkart, ASUS Announce Long-Term Partnership For India Market
- QYOU Chalks Out India Expansion Plans
- What Makes Evry So Bullish On India Market
- Consider Blockchain, Think Non-linear!
- Digital Urgency Spurs Demand for Outsourcing Services: Study
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market
- Best testing practices for successful Salesforce implementation in your organization
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study