HP Targets CME Market With New Business Unit
The HP Communications and Media Solutions (HP CMS) unit consolidates the company’s telecom and digital content management software with industry-specific professional services capabilities.
HP CMS is also closely aligned with recently-acquired EDS, integrating its professional services and offerings for the CME market.
"By tapping into the HP CMS solutions powerhouse, service providers can reduce cost and risk while still growing revenue," said Kamal Dutta, director, HP Software and Solutions, HP India. "The telecom and media customers will see more innovation, faster deployment, and more flexibility in the way they take advantage of HP solutions and services," he added.
HP CMS brings to market complete solutions that include consulting and integration services. HP CMS solutions incorporate HP software intellectual property, global services capabilities, server and storage assets, as well as contributions from a large partner community.
There are four solutions domains within HP CMS, each of which focuses on a specific set of customer needs:
- Service Delivery Infrastructure and Applications: Core network solutions, mobility management, call control, device management, service-oriented, architecture-based service delivery platforms to enable third-party developers and Web 2.0 alignment, subscriber data management, and personalized voice, data and video services.
- Next Generation OSS: Service fulfillment including order management and provisioning, service assurance including integrated fault and performance management, and end-to-end service quality management .
- Customer Intelligence and Billing: Mediation and real-time charging, data retention and management, and HP CentralView solutions for fraud management, revenue assurance and dealer management.
- Digital Media: Digital content management and distribution, as well as storage for media companies.
Residing within the HP Software and Solutions business, HP CMS incorporates the resources of the HP Communications, Media and Entertainment (CME) unit, the HP OpenCall business unit, and the global CME consulting and integration practices.
- How Digital Recruiting Is Reducing Hiring Challenges
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales