HP to Offer Software Testing as a Profession
As India has a shortfall of 15,000 qualified application testing professionals, Hewlett-Packard (HP) will be offering specialized training in software testing for students in Bangalore.
The aim of the program is to students with highly valued software skills. Software testing skills are in high demand as more companies want to ensure the quality and security of their applications to protect the integrity of the business outcome.
Kamal Dutta, Director, HP Software and Solutions, HP India said, "HP’s program offers free training to selected students and through its focused training modules in testing tools. Now students, and ultimately corporations, can benefit from more readily available training by a leading vendor in software testing."
As per a Nasscom report, the need for more software testing professionals is particularly vital in India. The software testing tools market in Asia Pacific is estimated at US $102.6 million in 2008 and India contributes to 21.3 percent of this market share.
The HP community relations program was established in partnership with the Indian Institute of Hardware Technology (IIHT). It is designed to train students on market-leading software testing tools, including HP Quick Test Professional and HP LoadRunner. The 3-month program includes a combination of classroom lectures and exercises. The students will learn about tools and methodologies that have practical application in the workplace.
"Even though developer as a profession is preferred by software engineers, however, things are changed now and software professions are also accepting testing as a career," said Dutta.
In fact, most IT companies have similar salary structure for both developers as well as testing, he said. HP Software plans to roll out further projects in other cities in India and Asia Pacific over the next one year.
- AI, Automation Disrupting Real Estate: JLL India CEO
- Hardware Cos Shifting To Software Revenue Model: Gemalto
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India