HP unveils ProLiant MicroServer for small businesses
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) has introduced its first HP ProLiant MicroServer designed to enable small companies grow their businesses and continue to gain reliability, performance and security of a server. According to HP, its ‘MicroServer’ delivers affordability, energy and space-saving features. The MicroServer is designed for companies with less than ten employees, allowing them to share and secure critical business information.
The server is meant to simplify how users access data differently than on desktop or notebook PCs. The HP ProLiant MicroServer is about half the size and 50 percent quieter than most entry-level servers. It also offers lower power consumption for energy-conscious businesses.
According to AMI Partners, a global strategy consulting firm, based on current buying trends and the continued advancement of technology, approximately 1.7 million small businesses will purchase their first server in the next five years. “Small businesses have traditionally relied on interconnected PCs to share files and resources, which may not help them keep pace in today’s competitive environment,” said Rajesh Dhar, Director, Industry Standard Servers, HP Enterprise Business, HP India.
The company stated that its cost-effective ’starter server’ is designed to increase productivity, efficiency, and control over who has access to sensitive company information by centralizing data on a server-based network. Users can gain from faster access to shared files, applications, experience improved system performance with expandable, pluggable drives, flexible backup options, the latest processors and chipsets.
The MicroServer is claimed to reduce power usage with a power supply that is up to 150 watts lower than other entry-level servers. The ProLiant MicroServer can also accommodate for business growth with a modular 10-inch design that allows it to be positioned on the floor or desk.
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert