HP virtualization with VMware solutions
HP and VMware has announced integrated storage, desktop and connectivity solutions to help organizations further accelerate deployment, achieve high availability and lower costs. These offerings are intended to help customers deploy virtualization solutions in a converged infrastructure framework and transform their data centers to enable cloud computing.
HP and VMware have combined VMware vSphere Essentials Plus with the HP P4000 Virtual SAN Appliance (VSA). The new integrated product complements ‘always-on’ IT from VMware for small and medium businesses (SMBs) with highly available storage from HP. It provides backup and recovery with shared storage capabilities to help SMBs start on the path to cloud-based IT services.
Mid-sized businesses can consolidate up to 600 percent more virtualized storage, reduce complexity, improve capacity utilization and lower management costs with the HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) Cluster verified to work with VMware vSphere. It is claimed that customers can achieve enterprise-class scalability, performance and high availability for delivering IT as a service.
The cluster is an integrated solution consisting of multiple EVAs designed to eliminate disparate ‘islands’ of storage. The EVA Cluster enables customers to manage a single resource pool of capacity of up to two petabytes (PB) and nearly 2,000 drives.
Customers can reduce risk, deliver predictable results and speed deployment for large-scale virtual desktop environments with a converged infrastructure reference architecture for VMware View featuring the new HP P4800 BladeSystem SAN. The modular server, storage and networking architecture for the enterprise is claimed to scale thousands of virtual desktops.
HP provides cloud consulting solutions on HP and VMware technologies to help customers build their own private cloud solutions and deploy management, disaster recovery and business continuity, as well as desktop virtualization across their infrastructures.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR