Huawei deploys LTE mobile trial in Australia
Huawei has been selected by Telstra, Australia’s largest integrated operator, to deploy Telstra’s first Long Term Evolution (LTE) mobile trial. The live trial will be able to reach peak downlink speeds of up to 150Mbps, on which streaming high-definition video, video and voice calls, and lightning-fast internet browsing can be offered.
According to the agreement, Huawei will provide the entire end-to-end LTE/SAE solution for field and lab trials including macro base stations, distributed base stations and SAE core network. The LTE trial, which will be located in Victoria, is expected to begin in May and will run for three to six months.
"This is a great opportunity for Huawei to showcase its next-generation LTE solution in Australia," said Huawei Australia CTO Peter Rossi. "Huawei is committed to introducing world-class LTE/SAE technologies in Australia to meet the increasing mobile broadband demands of Telstra’s users."
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- 7 Mobile CRM Features Businesses Find Attractive
- Decoding The Future Of Mobile App Economy
- Debunking Myths About CRM Pricing To SMEs