Huawei deploys LTE mobile trial in Australia
Huawei has been selected by Telstra, Australia’s largest integrated operator, to deploy Telstra’s first Long Term Evolution (LTE) mobile trial. The live trial will be able to reach peak downlink speeds of up to 150Mbps, on which streaming high-definition video, video and voice calls, and lightning-fast internet browsing can be offered.
According to the agreement, Huawei will provide the entire end-to-end LTE/SAE solution for field and lab trials including macro base stations, distributed base stations and SAE core network. The LTE trial, which will be located in Victoria, is expected to begin in May and will run for three to six months.
"This is a great opportunity for Huawei to showcase its next-generation LTE solution in Australia," said Huawei Australia CTO Peter Rossi. "Huawei is committed to introducing world-class LTE/SAE technologies in Australia to meet the increasing mobile broadband demands of Telstra’s users."
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- 8 Out Of 10 Shopping Apps Have Security Flaws: Report
- How New Tech Models Are Changing The IT Skills