Huawei, Intel to Equip KACST Wireless R&D Centre
Huawei, a global provider of next-generation telecommunications network solutions, has signed a MoU with Intel, to provide the newly set up Wireless Technologies Research and Development Center with state-of-the-art solution.
The solution includes base stations, access network gateway, authentication servers and other needed equipment and software, in preparation for launching operations at the King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology s center in the next few months.
Intel signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Huawei to this effect in a ceremony attended by His Highness Prince Dr. Turki bin Saud bin Mohammed Al Saud, vice-president for Research Institutes at KACST. Mr. Abdulziz Al-Noghaither, General Manager, Intel Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, signed the MoU on behalf of Intel, while Mr. Liu Qi, CEO of Huawei in Saudi Arabia, signed on behalf of Huawei.
According to the MoU, Huawei will provide the solution for building access and core WiMAX network in the lab. The centre aims to use these equipment to showcase WiMAX technology, test interoperability and optimize network performance in order to guarantee effective operation of various client end-user devices on operators WiMAX networks.
King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology will host the center whose operations will expand to serve the Middle East, Turkey and Africa, making it act as a hub for other branch laboratories that may open in the region to collectively work on the challenges facing the dissemination of networks.
The center will conduct validation for WiMAX infrastructure equipment and terminals, interoperability testing, studies for performance optimization, pre-certification for qualified products and experimentation with new WiMAX services and applications.
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Intel Imparts AI Training To 9,500 Techies
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India