Huawei, Intel to Equip KACST Wireless R&D Centre
Huawei, a global provider of next-generation telecommunications network solutions, has signed a MoU with Intel, to provide the newly set up Wireless Technologies Research and Development Center with state-of-the-art solution.
The solution includes base stations, access network gateway, authentication servers and other needed equipment and software, in preparation for launching operations at the King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology s center in the next few months.
Intel signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Huawei to this effect in a ceremony attended by His Highness Prince Dr. Turki bin Saud bin Mohammed Al Saud, vice-president for Research Institutes at KACST. Mr. Abdulziz Al-Noghaither, General Manager, Intel Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, signed the MoU on behalf of Intel, while Mr. Liu Qi, CEO of Huawei in Saudi Arabia, signed on behalf of Huawei.
According to the MoU, Huawei will provide the solution for building access and core WiMAX network in the lab. The centre aims to use these equipment to showcase WiMAX technology, test interoperability and optimize network performance in order to guarantee effective operation of various client end-user devices on operators WiMAX networks.
King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology will host the center whose operations will expand to serve the Middle East, Turkey and Africa, making it act as a hub for other branch laboratories that may open in the region to collectively work on the challenges facing the dissemination of networks.
The center will conduct validation for WiMAX infrastructure equipment and terminals, interoperability testing, studies for performance optimization, pre-certification for qualified products and experimentation with new WiMAX services and applications.
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- Helping You Escape Competition With UPI Payments
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech