Hughes Communications fastest growing company in North America: Deloitte
Hughes Communications (NASDAQ:HUGH) has ranked number one on the 2010 Technology Fast 500, Deloitte’s ranking of the fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, and clean technology companies in North America. Rankings are based on percentage of fiscal year revenue growth from 2005–2009. Hughes grew 1,64,079 percent during this period. Hughes Communications is the 100 percent owner of Hughes Network Systems, Hughes a provider of broadband satellite networks and services for enterprises, governments, small businesses, and consumers.
Pradman Kaul, president and CEO, Hughes, commented that, “Hughes has always been about innovation from pioneering satellite networks in the mid-80’s and expanding the enterprise and government markets across the globe, to developing and operating Spaceway- 3, the world’s first broadband satellite router-in-the-sky, to delivering high-speed Internet by satellite services to over half a million North American households and small businesses, thereby proving the profitability of the consumer satellite broadband business.”
Overall, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award winners for 2010 had revenue growth ranging from 146 percent to 164,079 percent from 2005 to 2009, with an average growth of 2,361 percent.
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- SUSE Builds Momentum With New Offerings, Market Expansion
- How UST Global Tackles Cyber Threats Head-On
- Access to Applications Based on a ‘Driving License’ Model
- 4 Things To Know Before You Move Everything To The Cloud
- Ericsson Opens First India Experience Studio in Gurugram
- Gartner's 5 Emerging Technology Trends Every CIO Should Know