Hughes Communications fastest growing company in North America: Deloitte
Hughes Communications (NASDAQ:HUGH) has ranked number one on the 2010 Technology Fast 500, Deloitte’s ranking of the fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, and clean technology companies in North America. Rankings are based on percentage of fiscal year revenue growth from 2005–2009. Hughes grew 1,64,079 percent during this period. Hughes Communications is the 100 percent owner of Hughes Network Systems, Hughes a provider of broadband satellite networks and services for enterprises, governments, small businesses, and consumers.
Pradman Kaul, president and CEO, Hughes, commented that, “Hughes has always been about innovation from pioneering satellite networks in the mid-80’s and expanding the enterprise and government markets across the globe, to developing and operating Spaceway- 3, the world’s first broadband satellite router-in-the-sky, to delivering high-speed Internet by satellite services to over half a million North American households and small businesses, thereby proving the profitability of the consumer satellite broadband business.”
Overall, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award winners for 2010 had revenue growth ranging from 146 percent to 164,079 percent from 2005 to 2009, with an average growth of 2,361 percent.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 19-24)
- Chatbots Making Inroads In The Enterprise
- AI Raises Serious Security Concerns, Say Researchers
- Fynd Uses Technology To Raise Its Style Quotient
- How IoT Is Creating Modern, Smart Cities
- Emerging Tech To Drive Enterprise Digital Transformation
- How Cisco Streamlined UTI's Communication System
- India's Top 10 Innovative Companies For 2018
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- E-Retailing To Grow By 2.5 Times In 3 Years: Crisil