Hughes receives broadband satellite operator of the year award
Hughes Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: HUGH), a broadband satellite networks and services provider, has been recognized by Euroconsult as Broadband Satellite Operator of the Year for its performance in 2009 and strong prospects for the future. Pradman Kaul, president and CEO of Hughes, accepted the award at the 14th World Summit for Satellite Financing, held in Paris, France.
“I am honoured to accept this award on behalf of all the employees and shareholders of Hughes, and appreciate that Euroconsult recognizes our business achievements last year and our momentum moving forward,” said Kaul. “These are exciting times for Hughes, as evidenced by our leadership across the full spectrum of broadband satellite services and technologies. But I can honestly say that with the quality of people we have, the best is yet to come.”
The award is one in a series for Excellence in Satellite Management, which are based on an objective assessment of specific performance indicators by a jury of experts from Satellite Finance, Space News, and Euroconsult. As part of the awards process, companies were assessed and benchmarked on performance and then were evaluated through a second round of qualitative criteria. Euroconsult is an international and fully independent consulting analyst firm specializing in satellite applications, communications, and digital broadcasting.
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- RJio To Connect 1100 Cities; Set For Next Level Of Disruption
- Firms Struggle With Digital Transformation Investments: Study
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- What Google's Foray Into E-Commerce Means For India