Hughes receives broadband satellite operator of the year award
Hughes Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: HUGH), a broadband satellite networks and services provider, has been recognized by Euroconsult as Broadband Satellite Operator of the Year for its performance in 2009 and strong prospects for the future. Pradman Kaul, president and CEO of Hughes, accepted the award at the 14th World Summit for Satellite Financing, held in Paris, France.
“I am honoured to accept this award on behalf of all the employees and shareholders of Hughes, and appreciate that Euroconsult recognizes our business achievements last year and our momentum moving forward,” said Kaul. “These are exciting times for Hughes, as evidenced by our leadership across the full spectrum of broadband satellite services and technologies. But I can honestly say that with the quality of people we have, the best is yet to come.”
The award is one in a series for Excellence in Satellite Management, which are based on an objective assessment of specific performance indicators by a jury of experts from Satellite Finance, Space News, and Euroconsult. As part of the awards process, companies were assessed and benchmarked on performance and then were evaluated through a second round of qualitative criteria. Euroconsult is an international and fully independent consulting analyst firm specializing in satellite applications, communications, and digital broadcasting.
- Is It Time To Say 'Goodbye' To Passwords?
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- How Big Data Is Changing Banking And Finance
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)
- Hyderabad To Host 'Olympics Of IT Industry'
- Small Business Financing Trends To Stay Abreast Of
- What Aadhar Data Breach Means To Digital India And Its Citizens