Hughes To Connect RIL Petroleum Retail Outlets
Hughes, a leading global provider of broadband satellite services, networks and products for businesses, governments and consumers, today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to connect 1000 retail outlets of Reliance Industries across the country. This deployment will be complete by October 2005. The deal valued at Rs 8 crores involves Hughes installing a technology backbone for all of Reliance petroleum outlets in a phased manner, connecting 3000 outlets by 2006.
Reliance will deploy the DiRECWAY 7700 platform, a two-way satellite broadband solution. Reliance will be the first customer to use this in India that will run all its applications on a single infrastructure. These applications include tank monitoring, sales management, credit access, back office applications, POS services and value added services like WiFi access, multicasting, package delivery and internet access. Hughes will build, manage and provide on ground support for all these services.
“Oil & Gas is one of the strongest market segments for Hughes worldwide. I am confident that with our experience and understanding of this industry, we will be able to deliver on Reliance’s vision of superior customer experience,” said Partho Banerjee, President, Hughes India.
Hughes will enable turnkey networking solutions encompassing network design, Data Center services, security infrastructure, VPN services, systems integration, facility management of network components and a 24X7 network management services for the connected outlets.
Hughes works with BPCL, HPCL and Essar Oil in the Indian market. Worldwide, Hughes has connected over 50,000 oil retail outlets via satellite allowing them to offer techno differentiators to their customers. These include clients like Exxon Mobil, BP-Amoco, Chevron, Shell and SK Gas.
- India's Top 10 Innovative Companies For 2018
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- Google, L&T Team Up For 150 Hotspots In Pune
- RJio’s Rs 49 Per Month Plan Could Force Incumbents Shift To VoLTE 4G
- Visa Selects PayMate To Manage Supply Chain
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- Tech 2017: CXOToday's Top 20 Technology Stories
- Cloud Is Transforming The Role Of IT Organizations
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018