IBM Announces N5000 Series Gateways
IBM has brought to market a new NAS gateway solution called, IBM System Storage N5000. It is designed to provide SMB customers with greater access to their data and reliable disaster recovery (DR) capabilities.
The new IBM System Storage N5000 Series Gateway is said to offer cost-effective IP attachment to Fibre Channel-based storage subsystems as a comprehensive storage solution designed to unify NAS, SAN and iSCSI under a common architecture.
According to IBM, clients can utilize a single N series gateway to support Unix, Linux and Windows file protocols as well as iSCSI block protocols, and extend the reach of SAN and NAS storage to heterogeneous storage subsystems.
The new release is the latest in a series of offerings that have emerged out of IBM’s strategic relationship with Network Appliance (NetApp) that began a year ago.
The N series gateway is available in two models viz. N5200 and N5500 both with many redundant, hot swappable components, 8 Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel ports. The varying models are scalable from 50 terabytes up to 84TB of physical capacity and can support heterogeneous storage subsystems including IBM System Storage DS4800 and DS8000 series systems, as well as other non - IBM storage products.
In addition to this, the big blue has also announced enhancements to its Nearline Storage Solutions including enhanced back-up capabilities and capacity with 500 GB SATA Disk Drives for all N series appliances.
The N series now also features DataFabric Manager, a new software function which is designed to provide a central point of control and tools to help manage storage and content delivery infrastructure.
The N5000 series gateways are available with immediate effect at a starting price of $34,650, which includes a 3-year warranty on hardware and software.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation