IBM Centers of Excellence Established in TN
IBM has established a series of IBM Centers of Excellence (COE) at six engineering and technology colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. The COE will promote high quality education by providing state-of the-art and emerging technologies in colleges with the objective of nurturing highly skilled computer professionals. The colleges will provide infrastructure and high end systems while IBM will extend its entire range of software suite free of charge. The COE provides a unique opportunity for students to learn new skill sets on IBM software products DB2, WebSphere, Lotus, Rational and Tivoli as well as develop world-class business solutions.
The COEs were launched at Sona College of Technology, Salem; KLN College of Information Technology, Madurai; Kalasilingam University, Krishnankovil; RMK College of Engineering, Chennai; Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore and Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
IBM will follow a two-pronged approach, providing the colleges with access to technologies relevant to the market while ensuring the right skills are taught. The students can gain first-hand experience of the software products that are installed at the campus. Through this initiative, IBM will work closely with the colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu, leveraging the selected colleges as centers of learning.
Organizations are not looking for nuts-and-bolts programmers and easy-to-document support workers, said Himanshu Goyal, Country Manager - Academic Initiative, Developer Works & Globalization IBM India/South Asia, Increased competitiveness and demand for the corresponding business and technology skills will require students to develop a unique skill-set never seen before but the supply of such people with the right skills for a smart planet is increasingly inadequate. COEs are an extension of IBM s commitment to nurture skills for the 21st century.
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Nasscom Believes IT industry Will Perform Better Next Fiscal
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- India Sets Up Policy Group To Study AI: NASSCOM
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Transforming Contact Centers
- S&P Global Partners NDE For New Global Talent Center
- EMI Can Help Companies Drive Operational Excellence
- Frost & Sullivan To Honor Biz Leaders For Digital Innovation