IBM Certification for HDS Storage Platform
Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, and the only provider of Services Oriented Storage Solutions, announced that the Hitachi Universal Storage Platform (USP) V and VM are now certified with IBM’s Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex (GDPS) system solution.
Roberto Basilio, vice president, storage platforms product management, Hitachi Data Systems, said, "By completing the qualification testing, we continue to grow our partnership with IBM, in addition to reducing cost, complexity and risk for our end-users."
"Today’s announcement of the testing completion is a significant result for customers when evaluating storage solutions to effectively consolidate and manage the optimized storage solutions on mainframe environments," said Shuji Sugimoto, general manager, storage systems development, Disk Array Systems Division, Hitachi.
He added, "With the increasing prevalence of heterogeneous storage environments, true interoperability is more important than ever. We are pleased to continue our collaboration with IBM to provide our mutual customers reliable disk storage systems and reduce complexity."
Interoperability with IBM servers is a mandatory requirement for mainframe users. Many of the world’s largest organizations in the financial services, telecommunications and other key industries rely on IBM mainframe systems to run mission-critical applications.
Interoperability support from Hitachi offers customers an end-to-end solution designed to improve their mainframe environments. Hitachi’s approach enables customers to deliver centrally-managed storage services such as business continuity, hierarchical storage management, data migration and enhanced disaster recovery solutions, as opposed to utilizing multiple isolated islands of storage to perform similar functions.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 15-20)
- Top Fintech Trends That Will Dominate This Year
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- Data Felon’s Next Target: Insurance Firms
- 2018: The Year Of Demystifying Unstructured Data
- The Key Security Factors In Aadhaar Authentication
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- How Big Data Is Changing Banking And Finance