IBM Introduces New Service Products
IBM Middleware Services, a sub-unit of IBM Global Technology Services has introduced new service products to tackle data management challenges including information overload and fragmented source systems.
The offerings are Data Management Service (DMS) and Data Warehouse Service Product (DWSP).
DMS assesses, plans, designs and implements database components for simplified data management. DWSP offers upgrade and migration services that will allow customers optimize existing data assets and deploy new warehouses efficiently.
IBM Storage and Data Services another unit of its IBM’s Global Technology Services has also unveiled three new service products to address issues related to data storage and help companies adhere to compliance directives.
These service products are:
Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) Service Product: It is designed to classify data according to age and relevance to a company’s business. It applies best practices conforming to regulatory guidelines. It enables clients strategically adopt storage optimization, virtualization and archiving practices in a cost-effective and policy based manner.
Implementation Services for Storage Service Product: will provide skills to clients for disk, tape, network attached storage and storage software products that can improve data backup and recovery capabilities, reduce risk of adopting new technology and decrease time to deploy.
Migration Services for Data Service Product- For assisting customers plan and execute data migration by leveraging tools and disciplines to help speed migration time and enhance quality.
Commenting on the newly announced service products, Paul Fried, vice-president, IBM Storage and Data Services said, “IBM is deploying deep infrastructure experience and industry-leading best practices, methods and tools to help clients win now in the battle against information overload. These new service products help businesses reduce risk, get information to users faster and maximize the value of their existing servers, software and applications.”
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate