IBM Introduces New Service Products
IBM Middleware Services, a sub-unit of IBM Global Technology Services has introduced new service products to tackle data management challenges including information overload and fragmented source systems.
The offerings are Data Management Service (DMS) and Data Warehouse Service Product (DWSP).
DMS assesses, plans, designs and implements database components for simplified data management. DWSP offers upgrade and migration services that will allow customers optimize existing data assets and deploy new warehouses efficiently.
IBM Storage and Data Services another unit of its IBM’s Global Technology Services has also unveiled three new service products to address issues related to data storage and help companies adhere to compliance directives.
These service products are:
Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) Service Product: It is designed to classify data according to age and relevance to a company’s business. It applies best practices conforming to regulatory guidelines. It enables clients strategically adopt storage optimization, virtualization and archiving practices in a cost-effective and policy based manner.
Implementation Services for Storage Service Product: will provide skills to clients for disk, tape, network attached storage and storage software products that can improve data backup and recovery capabilities, reduce risk of adopting new technology and decrease time to deploy.
Migration Services for Data Service Product- For assisting customers plan and execute data migration by leveraging tools and disciplines to help speed migration time and enhance quality.
Commenting on the newly announced service products, Paul Fried, vice-president, IBM Storage and Data Services said, “IBM is deploying deep infrastructure experience and industry-leading best practices, methods and tools to help clients win now in the battle against information overload. These new service products help businesses reduce risk, get information to users faster and maximize the value of their existing servers, software and applications.”
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner