IBM launches business analytics program for enterprises
IBM has launched an MBA Program in Business Analytics to help organizations build better skilled resources in areas of managerial decision making and strategy. For this new initiative, the IT giant partnered with Delhi-based Galgotias University.
The new program aims to create managers and leaders who understand the implications of humongous volume of data generated by the enterprises today. With the rise of multimedia including social media this has become an integral need from corporate leaders. With the MBA Program in analytics the students will be able to help their employers gain better customer insights, manage risk, and financial metrics more effectively, and help strive for unique market differentiation. The program covers all the relevant general management topics and includes courses on Descriptive and Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data and Financial Planning and is focused on various industries like retail, manufacturing, BFSI and others.
“This is the very first time in India that IBM has partnered with a University to work on the Management Studies program. Given the large amounts of new data created every single minute, analytics skills are no longer just a requirement for the IT professional, they are becoming increasingly important for businesses as well,” says Sudhir Sastry, Software Group Technical Sales Leader, IBM India / SA. He believes that the new effort will help managers explore new and innovative ways to bridge business and technical skills together.
IBM has been working extensively with many reputed Engineering and Business schools in India to build talent pool of skilled intellectual workforce to help enterprise grow and innovate.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 12-17)
- Embracing Technology For HR Innovation
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- Speech Analytics Can Boost Customer Experience
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- How CIOs Can Unleash App Power In Digital Business