IBM Leads Indian Server Market With New Record
IBM India has achieved the leadership position in the overall server market in India, with 35% revenue market share in Q3 2004. Big Blue has also become the first and the only server vendor that has shipped more than 5,000 servers in a single quarter in India.
In the x86 server segment, IBM’s eServer xSeries (Intel range of servers) clocked an all time high revenue market share of 41.6%, since Q1 1999, leaving its nearest competitor trailing behind with 28% market share in Q3 2004.
According to IDC’s Quarterly Enterprise Server Tracker, in Q3 2004, IBM led the x86 server markets in India with 6.9% points lead in unit shipment market share terms over its closest competitor. Thus, it attained a dual leadership position in the x86 server segment in India in Q3 2004, both in terms of revenue and units.
Rajnish Arora, associate director, enterprise servers & workstations, IDC Asia/Pacific, said, “A healthy mix of key wins in the enterprise segment combined and strong traction in SMB segment have been the keystones of IBM’s success.”
While the spending in the x86 server market grew 16.2% year-on-year in Q3 2004, IBM’s x86 xSeries revenues grew almost four times, registering 62.5% surge during the same period. On a quarter-on-quarter basis (Q3 2004 Vs Q2 2004), IBM’s x86 server revenues increased 11% while unit shipments expanded 26%.
However, in the non-x86 server category, IBM’s revenue share increased only 1.2% points from Q3 2003 to Q3 2004.
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- Capital Float Digitally Removes Credit Gap
- How Computer Science Can Drive STEM Retention
- Indian Smartphone Market Sees A Silver Lining