IBM, NIC Ally On Indian National Portal
National Informatics Center (NIC) has partnered with IBM on creating the enhanced national portal of India, india.gov.in.
Based on open standards and SOA from IBM, the website will serve as a ’single point entry’ for government information and services, to offer greater transparency and responsiveness.
IBM’s software expertise makes the portal more user-friendly, secure and scalable. The site will offer search, personalization and content localization features, and also accessibility using handheld devices and for physically challenged to make it more user-friendly.
The IBM solutions used for this project include WebSphere Portal, WebSphere Application Server, Workplace Content Manager for web publishing and personalization, DB2 Universal Database for data storage, WebSphere Information Integrator OmniFind for intelligent search and navigation; and Rational Application Developer for application development.
Announcing the partnership, Vijayaditya, Director General of NIC said, “The portal will provide the global community a ’single sign-on’ facility for Indian government services and information on India, while at the same time offering a single window access to over 5,000 websites.”
R Dhamodaran, VP & Country Executive - software group & developer relations, IBM India said, “This phase of the National Portal gives the government an opportunity to improve the quality of services, increase customer satisfaction, and meet the demands of an ever-changing landscape and citizen sophistication.”
Keeping in mind the need for diverse and up-to-date information, (the site registers millions of hits per month) a content team consisting of contributing senior Government officers, technology and subject matter experts has also been set up.
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Encouraging More Women Into Tech Leadership Roles
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report