IBM, NIC Ally On Indian National Portal
National Informatics Center (NIC) has partnered with IBM on creating the enhanced national portal of India, india.gov.in.
Based on open standards and SOA from IBM, the website will serve as a ’single point entry’ for government information and services, to offer greater transparency and responsiveness.
IBM’s software expertise makes the portal more user-friendly, secure and scalable. The site will offer search, personalization and content localization features, and also accessibility using handheld devices and for physically challenged to make it more user-friendly.
The IBM solutions used for this project include WebSphere Portal, WebSphere Application Server, Workplace Content Manager for web publishing and personalization, DB2 Universal Database for data storage, WebSphere Information Integrator OmniFind for intelligent search and navigation; and Rational Application Developer for application development.
Announcing the partnership, Vijayaditya, Director General of NIC said, “The portal will provide the global community a ’single sign-on’ facility for Indian government services and information on India, while at the same time offering a single window access to over 5,000 websites.”
R Dhamodaran, VP & Country Executive - software group & developer relations, IBM India said, “This phase of the National Portal gives the government an opportunity to improve the quality of services, increase customer satisfaction, and meet the demands of an ever-changing landscape and citizen sophistication.”
Keeping in mind the need for diverse and up-to-date information, (the site registers millions of hits per month) a content team consisting of contributing senior Government officers, technology and subject matter experts has also been set up.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India