IBM replaces Escorts Group ERP
IBM will provide Escorts Group with a workload-optimized hardware solution to replace the company’s existing enterprise resource planning (ERP) system infrastructure, under a new agreement.
In addition to providing enhanced performance, the advanced systems will compliment Escorts Group’s business growth goals of lowering overall IT operating costs, IBM said in a statement.
“We have embarked on a journey of IT transformation to achieve operational and manufacturing excellence,” said Vipin Kumar, Group CIO, Escorts Limited. “To achieve this excellence the company is going beyond adhering to prevailing norms, and setting its own standards to achieve desired benchmarks of excellence.”
The company needed a scalable and high-performing IT infrastructure, backed by a robust technology roadmap. “IBM clearly had the best solution, while ensuring a reduction in our energy footprint and increasing return on investment,” said Kumar.
Escorts Group is expanding its current deployment of Oracle’s Applications ERP software to cover two new divisions with the goal of increasing utilization by 40 percent.
Escorts will replace its existing HP PA-RISC servers with IBM Power 750 Express and IBM Power 740 Express systems where each of the systems is complemented by IBM System Storage DS5000s, and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager software.
The new infrastructure resides in Escorts Group’s newly-built corporate data centre and will manage the company’s disaster recovery (DR) system in addition to the ERP system.
With this solution, Escorts Group could save 30 to 35 percent in power and cooling costs, over a three year period.
“The solution we designed for Escorts Group provides a strong platform for further development and growth,” said Viswanath Ramaswamy, Country Manager, Power Systems, Systems and Technology Group, IBM India/SA.
IBM partnered with Wipro in implementing the solution.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Adobe Announces Aadhaar Integration in Adobe Sign
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- How IoT Impacts The Supply Chain In Flex