IBM servers run Oracle ERP application at IFFCO
The Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has selected IBM’s Power 6 P570 servers and DS 8700 Storage, TS 3310 Tape Library to run its new Oracle ERP application.
IFFCO required a cost effective yet highly available solution at both the server and storage levels which would take care of their existing workload and also support their new upgraded Oracle Applications environment for the next 3-4 years. IBM made the best use of IFFCO’s existing storage along with a new DS8000 Storage to offer the best solution offering anywhere in the north of the country.
"We wanted to partner with the best technology advisor in the industry in order to leverage their expertise to lay the way for our future growth, while streamlining our operational costs. Our trust in IBM has been strengthened further as IBM made efficient utilization of the existing set-up which included Intel servers and storage. The value proposition of IBM’s overall solution was unmatched", said H.R.Singh, JGM-Systems, IFFCO, Delhi
"IFFCO recognized and realized that they needed to build a robust infrastructure to address their current and future expansion plans. IBM POWER6 processor-based servers are designed to help clients implement a dynamic infrastructure", said Ajay Mittal, VP - General Business, Systems and Technology Group, IBM India/SA.
- Intel Imparts AI Training To 9,500 Techies
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise
- Indian IT Cos Reducing Dependence On Visas: Nasscom
- Dilipkumar Khandelwal Is New Head Of SAP HANA Cloud