IBM servers run Oracle ERP application at IFFCO
The Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has selected IBM’s Power 6 P570 servers and DS 8700 Storage, TS 3310 Tape Library to run its new Oracle ERP application.
IFFCO required a cost effective yet highly available solution at both the server and storage levels which would take care of their existing workload and also support their new upgraded Oracle Applications environment for the next 3-4 years. IBM made the best use of IFFCO’s existing storage along with a new DS8000 Storage to offer the best solution offering anywhere in the north of the country.
"We wanted to partner with the best technology advisor in the industry in order to leverage their expertise to lay the way for our future growth, while streamlining our operational costs. Our trust in IBM has been strengthened further as IBM made efficient utilization of the existing set-up which included Intel servers and storage. The value proposition of IBM’s overall solution was unmatched", said H.R.Singh, JGM-Systems, IFFCO, Delhi
"IFFCO recognized and realized that they needed to build a robust infrastructure to address their current and future expansion plans. IBM POWER6 processor-based servers are designed to help clients implement a dynamic infrastructure", said Ajay Mittal, VP - General Business, Systems and Technology Group, IBM India/SA.
- IITs, IIMs Salary Skyrocket; Overall Hiring Slows Down
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- After Telecom, RJio Set To Disrupt India’s E-Commerce
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content