IBM to help enterprises combat security threats
The company beefs up its enterprise security offerings by creating an intelligent platform to predict, detect and prevent breaches.
IBM strengthened its offerings in the enterprise security space as it unveiled new capabilities for its security intelligence platform.
The QRadar Security Intelligence Platform, designed by Q1 Labs and acquired by IBM late last year, will serve as a control centre that integrates real-time security intelligence data to include more than 400 different sources.
“Trying to approach security with a piece-part approach simply does not work,” said Brendan Hannigan, General Manager, IBM Security Systems. “By applying analytics and knowledge of the latest threats and helping integrate key security elements, we plan to deliver predictive insight and broader protection.”
According to IBM, with new integrations to be made available, the analytics platform can quickly identify abnormal activity by combining the contextual awareness of the latest threats and methods being used by hackers with real-time analysis of the traffic on the corporate IT infrastructure.
For example, the future integrations permit the platform to detect when multiple failed logins to a database server are followed by a successful login and access to credit card tables, followed by an upload to an unknown site.
IBM said that one of the significant planned integrations for the QRadar platform is the company’s X-Force Intelligence Threat Feed based on the real-time monitoring of 13 billion security events per day, on average, for nearly 4,000 clients in more than 130 countries.
The QRadar platform has also been expanded with Big Data capabilities for storing and querying massive amounts of security information, and functionality for helping to secure virtualized infrastructures and providing a new level of visibility to reduce security risk and automate compliance processes.
- AI To Become A Job Motivator, Not Job Killer: Gartner
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018