IBM to invest $38 million in APAC cloud computing data centre
IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced a US$38M investment in an APAC Cloud Computing Data Centre in Singapore, which intends to provide businesses in India with solutions and services. The facility will extend company’s cloud delivery network with centres in Germany, Canada and the United States; and 13 global cloud labs, of which seven are based in APAC – China, India, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore. Scheduled to launch in April, the centre will make available cloud services and technology portfolio via the company’s cloud delivery infrastructure.
“In addition to providing high security standards, the Centre’s pay-per-use offerings model will help Indian clients minimize capital expenditure and reduce business operational costs. IBM’s investment in the Asia Pacific Centre is part of our ongoing global commitment to the cloud computing business in support of IBM’s 2015 growth roadmap,” remarked, Ashish Kumar, GM, IBM global technology services, India/ South Asia.
The first offering to be available at the data centre will be from company’s infrastructure as a service (IaaS) cloud portfolio, which is built on an agile cloud infrastructure and provides rapid access to security-rich, enterprise-class virtual server environments. It is expected to be suitable for development and test activities and other dynamic workloads.
The offering is expected to enable enterprises reduce operational costs & eliminate capital outlays, along with improving cycle times for faster time-to-market and improves quality with virtually instant, secure access to a standardized infrastructure as a service environment.
In addition, IBM informed that a catalogue of software from its software group and 3rd party companies – will be available in a variety of payment models designed for mid-size and large enterprises and independent software vendors (ISVs).
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate