IBM to upgrade Oswal Woollen Mills IT environment
Oswal Woollen Mills recently signed a deal with IBM (NYSE:IBM) for the up-gradation of its IT infrastructure to run 200 SAP user licenses with improved performance, reliability and 24×7 availability. According to the deal, IBM will provide technical and functional upgrade of their ERP Solution to SAP ERP 6.0 running on IBM Power 7 and DS3950 storage servers for their plant in Ludhiana which would support enhanced business performance.
“We are convinced that IBM is the ideal partner for our IT project as the times lines for completion are aggressive. The proven track record of IBM in such project implementations and their time tested methodology for SAP implementation are the key points we looked for in our technology partner,” stated Sandeep Jain, ED, Oswal Woollen Mills.
IBM informed that, the overall set-up provided by IBM will not only provide ease of manageability to the IT staff of Oswal Wollen Mills but the hardware consolidation will also result in reduction of power consumption in the production plant.
Vivek Malhotra, VP, General Business Sales, North & East region, IBM India/South Asia, IBM said, “This is our largest services & hardware win in Ludhiana and the first sale of our Power 7 server in Punjab. With the SAP migration expertise within IBM and having worked on similar kind of projects with clients from varied sectors we are confident of delivering best outcome to Oswal.”
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Domain Extensions Can Make A Difference To Your Business
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation