IBM to upgrade Oswal Woollen Mills IT environment
Oswal Woollen Mills recently signed a deal with IBM (NYSE:IBM) for the up-gradation of its IT infrastructure to run 200 SAP user licenses with improved performance, reliability and 24×7 availability. According to the deal, IBM will provide technical and functional upgrade of their ERP Solution to SAP ERP 6.0 running on IBM Power 7 and DS3950 storage servers for their plant in Ludhiana which would support enhanced business performance.
“We are convinced that IBM is the ideal partner for our IT project as the times lines for completion are aggressive. The proven track record of IBM in such project implementations and their time tested methodology for SAP implementation are the key points we looked for in our technology partner,” stated Sandeep Jain, ED, Oswal Woollen Mills.
IBM informed that, the overall set-up provided by IBM will not only provide ease of manageability to the IT staff of Oswal Wollen Mills but the hardware consolidation will also result in reduction of power consumption in the production plant.
Vivek Malhotra, VP, General Business Sales, North & East region, IBM India/South Asia, IBM said, “This is our largest services & hardware win in Ludhiana and the first sale of our Power 7 server in Punjab. With the SAP migration expertise within IBM and having worked on similar kind of projects with clients from varied sectors we are confident of delivering best outcome to Oswal.”
- NDMC Partners With Indus Tower To Install 55 Smart Poles
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- Creating Smarter Cities With Smart Technologies
- Zendesk Launches Integration with WhatsApp Business Solution
- Is Your Data Hackproof?
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges