ICICI Bank Launches New App For Windows Phones
ICICI Bank Ltd, India’s largest private sector bank, announced the launch of its mobile banking application, ’iMobile’, for Windows phones. The new app is available for download on the Windows Phone Store for mobile phones on the Windows 8 operating system.
ICICI Bank has been the first Bank in the country to launch a mobile banking application six years ago, intends to enhance customer experience through a new user interface on the Windows tile format. This launch comes close on the heels of a slew of technology-led innovative initiatives of the Bank including Touch Banking branches, Tab Banking, Facebook Banking (‘Pockets by ICICI Bank’) and an upgraded internet banking platform that provides customised and personalised views.
Rajiv Sabharwal, Executive Director, ICICI Bank, said, “Mobile banking is today one of the fastest growing channels in the country. Large number of our customers are today transacting through our digital channels. With this new app on Windows, our mobile banking application is now available on all major platforms including iOS, Android and Blackberry. It also introduces the next level of customer convenience by offering one touch access to important services on the dashboard of the app itself.”
The app brings a new and unique function for mobile/ DTH recharge, which lets the user select his favourite past recharge transaction and allows a quick recharge without having to enter all the details again. Calling the customer care directly from the app itself for immediate help is yet another feature of the app. Other key features of the app include fund transfer, bill payment and an account view across savings, current account, fixed and recurring deposits, credit cards, loans, demat and Public Provident Fund account.
The Bank, which is a leading in the mobile banking segment gets over one-fourth of market share in value terms, has close to two million mobile banking customers. It is also the first to offer banking services on multiple channels of mobile banking including SMS, IVR App and Mobile Browser among others.
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- 8 Out Of 10 Shopping Apps Have Security Flaws: Report
- Making Communication Convenient for Rural India
- How New Tech Models Are Changing The IT Skills
- The Perils Of Ignoring Mobile App Security