ICICI Bank Launches New Mobile Apps
With an innovative approach to mobile banking, ICICI Bank, the country’s largest private sector bank, today announced the launch of four new mobile banking applications that facilitate basic transactions over mobile phone.
The ICICI Store app will enable customers to view all mobile apps of the bank under one app, while another app allows customers to initiate a transaction before visiting a branch, connect with a service executive over video call and view their transactions over the last 30 days on their mobile phones, the bank said in a statement.
The new apps are available for download on Google Play store and shall shortly be available on the Apple app store. In June, ICICI Bank had touched Rs. 1000 crore worth of mobile banking transactions in a month, the statement said.
Among the mobile apps, the Insta Banking app will facilitate customers to process desired transactions any time, up to seven days prior to visiting the branch. When the customer visits a branch to complete the transaction, it will be executed on priority. Transactions such as cash deposit, cash withdrawal, request for demand draft, updation of personal information like communication address, PAN and email id, among others can be executed.
Speaking at the launch, Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, ICICI Bank, said, “We continue to leverage technology to provide a world-class banking experience to our customers. ICICI Bank has pioneered many innovative solutions for its customers like internet, mobile, Tab and Touch banking among others. With these new mobile banking applications, we will offer our customers a unique and unparalleled experience in their interactions with the Bank. These new initiatives are yet another testimony of our deep commitment to the philosophy of ‘khayaal aapka’- where we put our customers’ needs as the focal point of our business. I believe these apps will further propel the growth of mobile banking in the country”
The key highlights of the apps being launched today are:
- ICICI Store: It’s an app store designed to give users an aggregate view of all mobile banking applications, launched by the ICICI Group. This store, which is the first among banks in India, will facilitate easy selection, download and upgrade of the ICICI Group apps.
- Insta Banking: A first-of-its- kind app in the country, it aims to reduce time spent in filling up paper work for commonly used transactions in a bank branch. Using this app, a customer can process his desired transactions any time, upto seven days prior to visiting the branch. When the customer visits a branch to complete the transaction, it will be executed on priority. A host of financial and non-financial transactions can be initiated on the app, namely cash deposit, cash withdrawal, request for demand draft, updation of personal information like communication address, PAN and email id among others.
- Video Banking: This mobile app enables the Bank’s Wealth and NRI customers to carry out a video chat with the customer care executives round-the-clock on all days from anywhere. Using the app, the customers can resolve their day-to-day banking queries and get information related to products and offers.
- mPassbook: This app helps customers to view their recent savings, credit card and PPF account transactions on their mobile phone itself. The users can receive real-time updates of transactions and also add remarks on the transactions for easy tracking. This app will show the transactions even without mobile internet services.
These initiatives follow an array of digital initiatives by the Bank, including cardless cash withdrawal, ‘iLoans’ for accessing loan account details, ‘iTrack’ for tracking dispatches, ‘Pockets by ICICI Bank’ - the world’s most comprehensive banking application on Facebook, iMobile for Windows phones and an upgraded internet banking platform that provides customised and personalised views. The Bank has also redesigned a website to offer a seamless experience across devices like desktops, mobiles and tablets.
The Bank is the pioneer in mobile banking. It launched the country’s first mobile banking application, ‘iMobile’ in 2008. The Bank is the leader in mobile banking with close to one-fourth of market share by value of transactions. In June, it became the first bank to cross the milestone of Rs 1000 crore worth of transactions in a month, said the statement.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- 40 pc FMCG Spend Will Have Digital Influence By 2020, Says Google
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday