ICICI Infotech To Play Digital Taxman
In a bid to establish overall efficiency in tax administration across the country, the Empowered Committee of State Finance Minsiters has chosen ICICI Infotech for implementing the National Tax Information Exchange System (TINXSYS).
Under the proposed scheme, ICICI Infotech has been appointed as the managed service provider on a Build, Own, Operate, and Transfer (BOOT) basis to setup and manage the entire infrastructure.
Apparently, this national-level initiative will be carried out in two phases spread over a period of five years. In the first phase, pilot deployments will be conducted in a span of seven months, while the second phase would entail implementation of the project across all Indian states and union territories.
As part of the project, ICICI Infotech and its consortium partners would provide solutions in the areas of software development, data warehousing, data migration and countrywide networking. Additionally, they would also render services in data center, disaster recovery, application support, facilities management, IT Infrastructure, call center and training.
Commenting on this development, Ramesh Chandra, secretary-empowered committee of state finance ministers, said, This technology backbone is key to the government’s vision of improving tax administration in the country. Further, with the country set to move into a value added tax regime from next year, technology will form a critical element in effective administration.
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How HR Analytics Can Be A Game-Changer In The Banking Industry
- Quality Assurance In Multi-Channel Banking Era
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Banking Sector
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- The Future Of Banking Is Paperless, Say Experts
- Uber India Rolls Out Insurance Program For Driver-Partners
- Mobility Is The Future Of Banking