IDC Crowns VMware As Largest EMM Vendor
IDC, ranked VMware AirWatch as the largest enterprise mobility management (EMM) vendor in terms of market share for 2015, growing 83.8 percent from 2014 through 2015. AirWatch had the largest percentage of market share among the top 14 EMM vendors, at 16.5 percent in 2015, according to the report.
According to the report, which analyzes the EMM market in 2015, AirWatch experienced phenomenal growth. Notably, AirWatch grew nearly 84 percent, while the EMM market as a whole increased by less than 30 percent, according to IDC, pointing to the strength and differentiation of the VMware AirWatch platform. IDC noted this market share expansion is a result of the AirWatch integration with VMware, a unified VMware End-User Computing strategy and VMware’s acquisition of Boxer email. Applications of new Internet of Things (IoT) use cases and VMware’s substantial channel and partner base also contributed to the strengthened presence of VMware AirWatch, according to the report.
“This report is an incredible validation of our product innovation, global scale and commitment to our customers’ successful mobile initiatives,” said Noah Wasmer, senior vice president, mobile products, End-User Computing, VMware. “Our digital workspace strategy and commitment to delivering the most comprehensive EMM solution enabled us to outpace market growth and maintain our No. 1 position. We are honored by this distinction from IDC as recognition of our leadership.”
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Dell EMC Leads Server Market In Q4 2018, Says Gartner
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- India Opens Second IT Corridor In China
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018
- How Automation, Disruptors Hit Traditional Law Firms