IDC Outlines Enterprise Software Trends
IDC, a global provider of market intelligence and advisory services has come out with a list of current market macro-trends that are likely to reshape enterprise software market in the future.
IDC has detected significant repeating patterns from the continuation of mergers, products, partnerships, and technologies on the enterprise software market radar. And these patterns indicate that the competitive and high-IQ nature of software technology will ensure that the tide of significant advancements in the enterprise software industry is not turned any time soon.
“With our enterprise software macro-trends, IDC has delineated significant industry movements, without the hype, in major business areas of IT, including application user experience, supplier ecosystems, business intelligence/ analytics, IT management, IT infrastructure, information management, and legal,” says Evan Quinn, Group Vice President, applications research, IDC.
The currently operating macro-trends in today’s enterprise software industry that will continue to impact the industry in future are:
* Enterprise Workplace
* Enterprise Solutions Platform
* Intelligent Process Automation
* IT Life-Cycle Management
* Information Governance
* Intellectual Property
* Dynamic IT Infrastructure
These macro-trends identify fundamental metamorphosis in the nature of software solutions, how IT works, and the relationships between buyers and suppliers. As customers, and particularly CIOs, as well as software vendors and their value-added channel partners gaze over the long-term landscape of enterprise software, understanding such fundamental macro-trends may make the difference between success and failure.
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- GES '17: Ivanka Trump’s Focus On Tech Is Not Misplaced
- AI To Bring More Jobs, Revenues To Businesses
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- How Robotics Is Changing The Shared Service Landscape
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion