Idea Cellular deploys commercial 100G DWDM network with Huawei
Idea Cellular, the mobile operator, and Huawei, the information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, have jointly announced the commercial deployment of 100G DWDM network in Idea’s Optical Back Bone Network to enhance network capacity and robustness. The equipment supplied by Huawei supports 80 channels with capacity of each channel as 100G at spacing of 50GHz.
Idea had deployed Phase-I of the pan-India, OTN based DWDM network ready for all IP on its backbone Network in 2011 based on Huawei supplied system. Based on the OTN (Optical Transport Network) technology, the network is future-proof intelligent network, which provides switching at right level for high speed traffic. As the OTN technology is service agnostic, so the network is compatible with traditional TDM traffic and future oriented high speed data traffic.
As part of Phase-II of optical back bone network in 2013, Idea has now deployed 100G DWDM system, releasing its advantages over 10G or 40G. The DWDM equipment supplied by Huawei supports 80 channels and now the backbone network is ready with 8 Tb/s transport capacity.
“Huawei’s 100G solution uses technologies such as coherent WDM, HD-FEC, ASON and OTN. This DWDM network gives high performance for ultra-long-haul 100G transmission, and ASON technology makes backbone network intelligent and resilient to multiple fibre cuts,” said by Chandan Kumar, Deputy Director of Huawei’s Fixed Network solutions sales.
“With 100G DWDM system, having OTN based ASON in backbone optical network; Idea is geared up for the data explosion in coming years. Idea has always been leading in new technologies’ deployment and this is one more example of the same,” said Anil Tandon, CTO of Idea Cellular.
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 7 Lessons for Operators Moving to NFV
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Machine Learning Can Generate Faster, Precise Prescriptions