Idea Cellular inks deal with Opera Software
The telecom operator will provide customized Opera Mini mobile web browser to subscribers.
India’s third-largest mobile operator Idea Cellular signed a deal with Opera Software to offer a customized Opera Mini mobile web browser to its subscribers across India.
Idea customers will be able to download this co-branded version of Opera Mini on their devices from the end of March 2012.
“In emerging markets such as India, the mobile phone will soon become the primary way of accessing the Internet. We are arming ourselves with the best-in-class solutions for catering to this data-hungry population,” said Shashi Shankar, Chief Marketing Officer, Idea Cellular in a press statement.
Opera Mini is a mass-market web browser providing web experience for users across the entire range of different mobile phones. With Opera’s cross-platform UI framework, operators can deploy a consistent experience, look, and feel across their product offerings. Opera Mini helps drive data traffic and increases ARPU, said a release.
“Operators such as Idea Cellular are driving mass awareness about mobile Internet in the country,” said Lars Boilesen, CEO of Opera Software. “Opera Mini is the ideal enabler for the Web on all mobile phones, bringing the full Internet to all devices, regardless of device constraints and platform. As the mobile landscape in India grows and changes, we hope to work together with Idea Cellular and continue building value.”
As consumers expect more functionality and immediacy from their mobile-browsing experiences, technology will have to advance to meet these demands.
Mobile networks will have to accommodate more types of content; they have already advanced to handle, for example, streaming media and video, entertainment, navigation and gaming, among other uses.
- 5 Indications That You're Almost Losing A Customer
- There's Potential To Unlock USD 50-Bn in India's Online Commerce
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise
- Zoho Announces New Launch, Updates And Data Centers In India
- How To Involve Stakeholders In Selecting Enterprise Software
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner