Idea Partners with Reuters Market Light
Idea Cellular has partnered with Reuters Market Light (a part of Thomson Reuters) to launch a product targeted at rural subscribers. The agricultural information service, which has been developed by Reuters Market Light, was initially launched as far back as 2007. The initiative has been able to reach thousands of farmers in Punjab and Maharashtra. With this new partnership, Reuters Market Light will be able take their agri-information service to the large farmer community on the Idea network in the Maharashtra and Goa circle. This partnership has been named, ‘Krishi Voucher.’
The agri-information service had been conceived to tackle the problems farmers face today. They require timely, localized, reliable and relevant information on market prices, weather conditions, and other farming best practices. Krishi Voucher is designed to equip farmers with critical information that is easy to access and actionable. This will in turn help them in improving production and marketing of their produce.
The service offers agriculture-related information on various crops, pricing, market geographies, and climate/weather conditions and forecast. Maharashtra, is the oldest and largest circle of Idea, with the deepest penetration in rural parts, boasting of a subscriber base of over 8 million. According to Idea Cellular, two out of every three new subscribers come from rural India. Their strong customer base and connect is being touted to be the way through which the company will be able to provide this value added service to rural consumers.
This service is available at Idea retail outlets for a monthly subscription fee of Rs.75 only, in Maharashtra and Goa.
- Paytm Registers Exponential Growth In Automobile Vertical
- QuikrJobs Expands Into White Collar Jobs By Acquiring Hiree
- Cambium Targeting Tier II, III Cities For Network Connectivity Growth
- Smartwatch Market Declines With Falling Apple Sales: IDC
- Data Tariff Cuts May Drive Telcos' Volumes
- Intel Has No Plans To Sell McAfee Business: Jagdish Mahapatra
- Secured Storage Key For Video Surveillance Growth: NetApp
- 4G Price War: It's Reliance Jio Vs. The Others
- Darknet Market Raises Its Ugly Head Again
- Pokémon Go Craze Makes It A Viable Marketing Tool