Idea to Integrate Spice's IT Ops
Idea Cellular will migrate and integrate all of Spice Communications’ applications and IT hardware to its own applications platform. Idea recently acquired Spice Communications, a mobile service provider in Punjab and Karnataka.
The migration and integration will be carried out by IBM. As part of the deal, IBM will manage all IT operations and services for IDEA s business in Punjab and Karnataka. In addition, IBM will migrate the IT help desk services to its centralized helpdesk in Pune.
The complete integration, transition and migration of the IT operations and business processes of Spice Communications with Idea is expected to be completed within 27 months and is valued at approx US$19.2 million (Rs. 86 crores).
After completing the transition, IBM will manage IT operations in the two service areas, under the existing outsourcing services contract with IDEA as per revenue sharing model.
"IBM has showcased in-depth knowledge and expertise in managing and augmenting Idea’s IT infrastructure and business processes," said Prakash Paranjape, chief information officer, Idea Cellular.
"Our experience with IBM over the last two years gives us confidence that the two new service areas will be integrated seamlessly into the Idea network."
The deal builds on the existing 10-year business transformation pact that IBM had signed with IDEA Cellular in March 2007 to integrate, innovate and transform Idea’s business processes and IT infrastructure.
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- 8 Out Of 10 Shopping Apps Have Security Flaws: Report