Idea to Integrate Spice's IT Ops
Idea Cellular will migrate and integrate all of Spice Communications’ applications and IT hardware to its own applications platform. Idea recently acquired Spice Communications, a mobile service provider in Punjab and Karnataka.
The migration and integration will be carried out by IBM. As part of the deal, IBM will manage all IT operations and services for IDEA s business in Punjab and Karnataka. In addition, IBM will migrate the IT help desk services to its centralized helpdesk in Pune.
The complete integration, transition and migration of the IT operations and business processes of Spice Communications with Idea is expected to be completed within 27 months and is valued at approx US$19.2 million (Rs. 86 crores).
After completing the transition, IBM will manage IT operations in the two service areas, under the existing outsourcing services contract with IDEA as per revenue sharing model.
"IBM has showcased in-depth knowledge and expertise in managing and augmenting Idea’s IT infrastructure and business processes," said Prakash Paranjape, chief information officer, Idea Cellular.
"Our experience with IBM over the last two years gives us confidence that the two new service areas will be integrated seamlessly into the Idea network."
The deal builds on the existing 10-year business transformation pact that IBM had signed with IDEA Cellular in March 2007 to integrate, innovate and transform Idea’s business processes and IT infrastructure.
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- Zendesk Launches Integration with WhatsApp Business Solution
- Cloud Majors to Put More Emphasis on Edge Computing: Study
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India