KPIT Cummins to implement Oracle transportation management at IFFCO
IFFCO, the UAE headquartered manufacturer of consumer products, having diversified operations across multiple countries, recently announced that it has selected KPIT Cummins to strengthen its supply chain execution using Oracle Transportation Management (OTM). As part of this engagement, KPIT Cummins will build a comprehensive transportation management platform to integrate IFFCO group’s supply chain processes and those of its external carriers.
IFFCO will now focus on supply chain execution making OTM a critical implementation, informed Anamitra Roy, group director information technology, IFFCO. Roy is of the opinion that, as the company does not come with any transportation management system usage experience, it will partner with KPIT Cummins. “KPIT Cummins’ winning team of OTM specialists was therefore an obvious first choice. We look forward to leveraging KPIT Cummins’ expertise to optimize our supply chain, maximize returns on transportation management investments, and propel IFFCO to significant competitive advantage in the markets it operates in,” Roy added.
The company informed that, OTM implementations will take place in the Middle East and will be completed in 14 months. The scope of this multidimensional transformational project includes streamlining of all logistics and transportation - domestic and international - across IFFCO’s entire supply chain from inbound raw and packing materials to finished goods distribution.
“Having one of the strongest and most experienced teams of OTM specialists across the globe, we are confident we can add significant value towards strengthening IFFCO’s supply chain using our niche skills and proprietary methodology. This implementation will enable IFFCO to manage all its logistics operations globally with one standardized system capability with seamless information flow,” stated Pawan Sharma, president and head, integrated enterprise solutions, KPIT Cummins.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0