KPIT Cummins to implement Oracle transportation management at IFFCO
IFFCO, the UAE headquartered manufacturer of consumer products, having diversified operations across multiple countries, recently announced that it has selected KPIT Cummins to strengthen its supply chain execution using Oracle Transportation Management (OTM). As part of this engagement, KPIT Cummins will build a comprehensive transportation management platform to integrate IFFCO group’s supply chain processes and those of its external carriers.
IFFCO will now focus on supply chain execution making OTM a critical implementation, informed Anamitra Roy, group director information technology, IFFCO. Roy is of the opinion that, as the company does not come with any transportation management system usage experience, it will partner with KPIT Cummins. “KPIT Cummins’ winning team of OTM specialists was therefore an obvious first choice. We look forward to leveraging KPIT Cummins’ expertise to optimize our supply chain, maximize returns on transportation management investments, and propel IFFCO to significant competitive advantage in the markets it operates in,” Roy added.
The company informed that, OTM implementations will take place in the Middle East and will be completed in 14 months. The scope of this multidimensional transformational project includes streamlining of all logistics and transportation - domestic and international - across IFFCO’s entire supply chain from inbound raw and packing materials to finished goods distribution.
“Having one of the strongest and most experienced teams of OTM specialists across the globe, we are confident we can add significant value towards strengthening IFFCO’s supply chain using our niche skills and proprietary methodology. This implementation will enable IFFCO to manage all its logistics operations globally with one standardized system capability with seamless information flow,” stated Pawan Sharma, president and head, integrated enterprise solutions, KPIT Cummins.
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Women Hold Just 1 in 5 Sales Leadership Positions
- Women Hold Just One in Five Sales Leadership Positions
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud