IGCA Gets Accreditation from APgridPMA
The Indian Grid Certification Authority (IGCA), a certification authority for grid, has received accreditation from Asia Pacific Grid Policy Management Authority (APgridPMA) to provide access of worldwide grids to Indian researchers.
Indian researchers can now request user and host certificates to IGCA, part of the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) and get access to worldwide grids. Indian researchers mainly constitute users of GARUDA grid, foreign collaborators, or institutes related to grid research and scientific collaborations from India that allow researcher to access the grid.
Inaugurating IGCA, principal scientific adviser to Govt. of India said "The Indian Grid Certification Authority has been started by C-DAC at the most appropriate time for researchers to collaborate among international Grids using the multi gigabits per second network connectivity offered by National Knowledge Network (NKN). I congratulate C-DAC and encourage them to take the task forward."
Jainder Singh, secretary, (department of IT) of Ministry of Communication and IT, Govt. of India said, "Trust and security for grids is important as they share resources across different administrative domains. In this regard, I am happy to note that C-DAC has taken the initiative to become first Indian Grid Certification Authority (IGCA). The operationalization of IGCA would pave the way for many applications which need sharing of resources at multiple locations in a trust-worthy manner."
Ramakrishnan, director general of CDAC "The IGCA will help scientists, users and collaborative community in India and neighboring countries, to obtain an internationally recognized passport to interoperate with state-of-the-art grids worldwide, which otherwise is a complex and lengthy procedure. "
- IITs, IIMs Salary Skyrocket; Overall Hiring Slows Down
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- After Telecom, RJio Set To Disrupt India’s E-Commerce
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study