IIT Madras, Nuance in Strategic Tie-up
IIT Madras will join hands with Nuance Communications to develop speech-based applications in the field of e-commerce, remote healthcare and e-governance.
Nuance Communications signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with IIT Madras s TeNet Group (a faculty union from the Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering departments of IIT Madras) to enter into a strategic, direct relationship to develop innovative applications based on Nuance technology.
Both of them will set-up and foster in-campus pilot projects with the aim to help incubate start-ups that will refine, scale and commercialize these solutions. Nuance will also setup a development and testing lab within TeNet. It is the first time that Nuance has signed a treaty with an Indian institution.
Steve Chambers, president (mobile solutions and consumer services) at Nuance Communications and Prof. Ashok Jhunjhunwal signed the MoU.
We are delighted to be associated with such a prestigious institute in India. This strategic relationship will help us develop innovative applications relevant to the Indian market by using Nuance technology, said Steve Chambers, president of Mobile Solutions and Consumer Services at Nuance.
We will also explore engaging the TeNeT faculty in an advisory role to provide direction, expertise and guidance with respect to emerging market and technology trends. They have a great pool of researchers and engineers, Chambers added.
Prof. Ashok Jhunjunwala said, Nuance Communications is a leading organization for providing speech and imaging solutions and it is a great opportunity to work closely with them. Our focus is to address pressing needs of India and other developing countries by market-driven product development. This MoU is of real importance and will be beneficial for the researchers in product development.
Microsoft India opens Tech Lab at IIT Madras
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study
- India Sets Up Policy Group To Study AI: NASSCOM
- Chatbots Will Change The Dynamics Of Recruitment
- MakeMyTrip's Co-founder And President Ashish Kashyap Resigns
- Digital Transformation: Why Firms Should Invest In Their Workforce
- SITA Helps Vistara Speed Up Communication