IMImobile launches Cell Shakti for rural India
IMImobile, the global technology partner for operators, media providers and enterprises has launched ‘Cell Shakti’, a specialized mobile VAS offering for rural India. Cell Shakti aims at empowering rural India with valuable information primarily on IVR-based services. Information includes weather, healthcare, ‘mandi bhav’, educational, and basic law and order information.
"Through Cell Shakti we plan to inform, empower and help bridge the digital divide in the rural markets. By giving reliable and comprehensive information on mobile on the key aspects of rural life, we aim to improve lifestyle productivity and earnings of the rural people," said Madhavan Iyer, Vice President Managed Services of IMImobile.
Iyer added, "Through our rural initiative we are in the plans to roll-out various other segmented services very soon." Airtel subscribers can call 52345006 to subscribe to Cell Shakti. User can also listen to the live updates in Telugu on their mobile by dialing 52345006. The subscription charges for this service are going to be Re. 1 per day.
It is estimated that 70 percent of India’s population lives in the rural areas, with 64 percent of the nation’s expenditure and 56 percent of its income comes from the villages. India’s rural tele-density currently stands at 13 percent and is expected to grow multi-fold.
- Here Are The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India