IMImobile launches Cell Shakti for rural India
IMImobile, the global technology partner for operators, media providers and enterprises has launched ‘Cell Shakti’, a specialized mobile VAS offering for rural India. Cell Shakti aims at empowering rural India with valuable information primarily on IVR-based services. Information includes weather, healthcare, ‘mandi bhav’, educational, and basic law and order information.
"Through Cell Shakti we plan to inform, empower and help bridge the digital divide in the rural markets. By giving reliable and comprehensive information on mobile on the key aspects of rural life, we aim to improve lifestyle productivity and earnings of the rural people," said Madhavan Iyer, Vice President Managed Services of IMImobile.
Iyer added, "Through our rural initiative we are in the plans to roll-out various other segmented services very soon." Airtel subscribers can call 52345006 to subscribe to Cell Shakti. User can also listen to the live updates in Telugu on their mobile by dialing 52345006. The subscription charges for this service are going to be Re. 1 per day.
It is estimated that 70 percent of India’s population lives in the rural areas, with 64 percent of the nation’s expenditure and 56 percent of its income comes from the villages. India’s rural tele-density currently stands at 13 percent and is expected to grow multi-fold.
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study