IMImobile launches Cell Shakti for rural India
IMImobile, the global technology partner for operators, media providers and enterprises has launched ‘Cell Shakti’, a specialized mobile VAS offering for rural India. Cell Shakti aims at empowering rural India with valuable information primarily on IVR-based services. Information includes weather, healthcare, ‘mandi bhav’, educational, and basic law and order information.
"Through Cell Shakti we plan to inform, empower and help bridge the digital divide in the rural markets. By giving reliable and comprehensive information on mobile on the key aspects of rural life, we aim to improve lifestyle productivity and earnings of the rural people," said Madhavan Iyer, Vice President Managed Services of IMImobile.
Iyer added, "Through our rural initiative we are in the plans to roll-out various other segmented services very soon." Airtel subscribers can call 52345006 to subscribe to Cell Shakti. User can also listen to the live updates in Telugu on their mobile by dialing 52345006. The subscription charges for this service are going to be Re. 1 per day.
It is estimated that 70 percent of India’s population lives in the rural areas, with 64 percent of the nation’s expenditure and 56 percent of its income comes from the villages. India’s rural tele-density currently stands at 13 percent and is expected to grow multi-fold.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020