In Lieu with Times: NCR
Keeping up with its reputation of providing retail sector with new solutions, NCR Corporation has launched Real POS 21 (RP 21); a solution aimed at replacing PC based legacy point-of-sale terminals.
According to the company, “RP21 with its futuristic technology delivers value via superior combination of performance, functionality and reliability at an affordable price. This all-in-one solution with enhanced serviceability and remote management capabilities will help retailers reduce downtime, minimize operational disruption and simplify system upgrades. Using powerful Intel technology, the NCR Real POS 21 supports latest POS applications while accommodating future retailing needs.”
Tested for harsh retail environments, the solution proved dependable for years. Its design is flexible and scalable hence allows retailers in responding to new requirements. It also helps maximize system investment by reducing unplanned operational expenses and high downtime that currently exists due to the constantly changing PC platform and technologies, says the company.
Shrihari Bhat, GM - Retail Solutions Division, NCR adds, “The needs of the retail industry in India are increasing and it is very important to match the pace through sophisticated technology that is affordable, reliable and scalable. NCR’s Real POS 21 combines two very important yet mutually-exclusive attributes i.e. high-end processing power and low price unlike other POS terminals that gives you either of the two.”
“Our constant endeavor to offer sophisticated and affordable solutions together with our R&D capabilities has helped us successfully merge these attributes in the RP 21 terminal thereby redefining the rules for retail technology,” says Bhat.
Bhat informs that the solution is not available immediately, but will be available within the next 6 weeks. The basic unit costs Rs.85,000 to an end-user with standard user warranty. The solution consisted of only the base unit hardware. He says that the solution is available through partner M/S Tyche Peripheral Systems Ltd. The solution would provide 1 year on-site, 9X5 NBD Response SLAs for end customers through partners.
- Smart Cars Can Be The Next Big Thing For Indian IT Firms, Says Study
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- Wipro Teams Up With Cisco To Unveil Internet of Lighting Solutions
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market
- Disruptive Technologies Shaking Up The Enterprise
- India's Surgical Robotics Market To Touch $350 Mn By 2025
- India’s Tech Spending To Surge By 12% in 2018: Forrester
- Dell EMC's Sandeep Bhambure Joins Veeam As MD For India And SAARC
- AI Is Changing Every Area Of Business
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM