In Lieu with Times: NCR
Keeping up with its reputation of providing retail sector with new solutions, NCR Corporation has launched Real POS 21 (RP 21); a solution aimed at replacing PC based legacy point-of-sale terminals.
According to the company, “RP21 with its futuristic technology delivers value via superior combination of performance, functionality and reliability at an affordable price. This all-in-one solution with enhanced serviceability and remote management capabilities will help retailers reduce downtime, minimize operational disruption and simplify system upgrades. Using powerful Intel technology, the NCR Real POS 21 supports latest POS applications while accommodating future retailing needs.”
Tested for harsh retail environments, the solution proved dependable for years. Its design is flexible and scalable hence allows retailers in responding to new requirements. It also helps maximize system investment by reducing unplanned operational expenses and high downtime that currently exists due to the constantly changing PC platform and technologies, says the company.
Shrihari Bhat, GM - Retail Solutions Division, NCR adds, “The needs of the retail industry in India are increasing and it is very important to match the pace through sophisticated technology that is affordable, reliable and scalable. NCR’s Real POS 21 combines two very important yet mutually-exclusive attributes i.e. high-end processing power and low price unlike other POS terminals that gives you either of the two.”
“Our constant endeavor to offer sophisticated and affordable solutions together with our R&D capabilities has helped us successfully merge these attributes in the RP 21 terminal thereby redefining the rules for retail technology,” says Bhat.
Bhat informs that the solution is not available immediately, but will be available within the next 6 weeks. The basic unit costs Rs.85,000 to an end-user with standard user warranty. The solution consisted of only the base unit hardware. He says that the solution is available through partner M/S Tyche Peripheral Systems Ltd. The solution would provide 1 year on-site, 9X5 NBD Response SLAs for end customers through partners.
- Why Angel Investors Find Startups That Use A CRM Attractive
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- Sanjay Brahmawar Joins Software AG As New CEO
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Damson Technologies Launches Its India Operations
- Wipro bags its biggest-ever contract from Alight Solutions
- Indian Firms Are More 'IT Transformed' Than Rest Of Asia: Study
- Integrated Marketing Helps Connect With Consumers Effectively
- Big Data Revenues To Reach $260 Bn in 2022: IDC
- Paytm Mall Eyes $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March'19