Inderpreet Sawhney, appointed Senior Vice President and General Counsel at Wipro
Wipro Limited, announced the appointment of Inderpreet Sawhney as Senior Vice President and General Counsel for the company. Inderpreet will head Wipro’s legal function and uphold Wipro’s tradition of doing business in an ethical manner.
Inderpreet is a lawyer with 20 years of experience and has worked both in India and the United States. He will also drive corporate compliance with the various business operating entities globally.
T K Kurien, CEO IT Business and Executive Director, Wipro Ltd. said, “Inderpreet brings with her a wealth of transnational experience, which I am confident will benefit Wipro immensely. Her experience coupled with a passion for excellence and an unflinching integrity makes her an ideal choice to lead Wipro’s legal function.”
Prior to joining Wipro, Inderpreet served as the Managing Partner of The Chugh Firm Silicon Valley office, where her mandate included counsel on complex international transactions, corporate review, mergers and acquisitions, litigation management, employment (including immigration) matters, primarily for information technology, business process outsourcing, retail service and hospitality companies. Inderpreet began her career in ITC Limited.
She also serves on the National Advisory Council of NASABA (North American South Asian Bar Association). Her past leadership positions include President NASABA, Board Member of Partham Bay Area, Foundation for Excellence, Indus Women Leaders.
She has a BA (Hons.) and LL.B degree from Delhi University and an LL.M from Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada. Inderpreet has been awarded the 2006 Minority Bar Coalition Unity Award, 2010 Outstanding Mentorship Award, SABA Northern California and, the 2010 NASABA Cornerstone Award.
Wipro Limited provides comprehensive IT solutions and services, including systems integration, information systems outsourcing, IT enabled services, package implementation, software application development and maintenance, and research and development services to corporations globally.
Wipro Technologies, the global IT business of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT) is an Information Technology, Consulting and Outsourcing company, that delivers solutions to enable its clients do business better.
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- Damson Technologies Launches Its India Operations
- Wipro bags its biggest-ever contract from Alight Solutions
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- Five Technologies Changing The Healthcare Sector
- Gartner's 5 Emerging Technology Trends Every CIO Should Know