India-Born Tech Leaders Who Rule The World
The art of being a great leader is to lead by example. When it comes to leading global businesses, Indians have always made their mark at the international level. This holds true for the dynamic technology industry as well.
Today, some of the biggest global technology companies - Microsoft, Google, Nokia, Sandisk, NetApp, Cognizant and Infosys, to name a few - are all run by India-born CEOs. These leaders belong to a generation of innovators, who left their home country and rose to the top of some of the world’s largest corporations.
Leaders such as Satya Nadella of Microsoft, Sundar Pichai of Google, Shantanu Narayen of Adobe and Vishal Sikka of Infosys, and many others - have an edge over their global counterparts for their experience in dealing with a challenging and growing indigenous market.
There is nothing specifically Indian about their compassion, modesty, patience and an ability to dream. Yet some of these qualities appear to have created the Indian pool of over-achievers in global business.
As India celebrates its 70 years of Independence this year, we salute some of the biggest India-born leaders who are increasingly taking big roles in the global technology organizations and have proved their leadership capabilities in many different ways.
Watch The Video on India-Born Tech Leaders Who Rule The World
- Mobile Is Heavily Influencing India's Fashion Industry
- 95% Engineers In India Not Fit for Software Development Jobs
- Network Visualization To Fuel The 'Connected Enterprise'
- How CEO Can Avoid Being A Victim Of Cyber-Attack
- Can Samsung Grab Its Lost Grounds From Rivals In India?
- Indian IT Firms May Face Layoffs Due To Visa Curb: ASSOCHAM
- Self-Driving Cars Are Underway; Are You Ready?
- ABI India To Smarten Up Bangladesh's Power Infrastructure
- LG To Partner Indian Telcos For Smart Appliances
- Snapchat CEO's India Remark Underscores The Power Of Social Media