India IT To Face Job Shortage In Next 2 Quarters: Study
Indian IT professionals are likely to witness shrinking job opportunities in the next six months as traditional roles are losing grounds in the wake of automation and digitization, states Experis IT Employment Outlook survey.
The study notes that IT hiring will further plummet for October 2017- March 2018.
The industry is looking to make large hiring in junior and mid-levels while making layoffs in the senior deck. “The collective number of layoffs that the IT giants are contemplating is way higher than what the Indian IT industry has ever witnessed and this trend is likely to continue for the next 6-12 months,” the survey stated.
IT professionals should thus focus on upskilling themselves in the next six months to get booked for new technologies where demand will be high, it said.
“A rise in new enabling technologies such as software as a service (SaaS) offerings, cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, Artificial Intelligence’s (AI) unprecedented speed, accuracy and cost efficiency is significant to maintain the competitive edge which are driving the businesses now,” said Manmeet Singh, President at Experis, ManpowerGroup India.
Singh further added, “with this ongoing transformation, these technologies bring underlying technical complexity, which spurs the demand for young professionals resulting in Talent Refresh cycle in the Indian IT industry that would continue for the next 2 years”.
Employers are looking for trained freshers in the system. Companies are preferring fresh talent in the market who are skilled in latest technologies.
“Preponing of probation is going to be the new normal of the industry so as to reduce the learning curve,” said the report.
“In an era of external uncertainty, what is more important is that companies should continue on the path of transforming their organization’s engagement models, delivery capabilities and go-to-market approach to suit the fast-changing needs of digital transformation,” said Singh.
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Firms Unable To Cope With Security Skill Gap, Vendor Sprawl: Study
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- How HR Analytics Can Be A Game-Changer In The Banking Industry
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively