India Leads In Demand For Mobile Developer Courses: Google
India has emerged as a major hub for developers, overtaking the US in 2016 to become the largest country in terms of interest in mobile developer courses, according to tech giant Google.
Search queries in mobile development courses from India saw 200% y-o-y growth in the last two years with Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra registering maximum queries from India, as per a recent Google report.
Search interest in courses for mobile development also saw fast growth from Uttar Pradesh with queries rising at 70% y-o-y and Bihar seeing query growth of 158% y-o-y. While India leads the world in terms of education related queries, demand for vocational training courses has been steadily rising comprising 40% of the total search volume growing at a healthy rate of 50% year on year, stated Google.
Peter Lubbers, head of Google Developer Training said, “We have seen tremendous response across mobile developer courses from India, with 16,500 students enrolling every month taking up Android development, mobile web development and learning new cloud based technology courses. We have also introduced a globally-recognised, Job oriented Google Developer Certification (Associate Android Developer) that will help close the gap for employers and job seekers and define a common standard benchmark for the Industry.”
While search interest in mobile development courses formed only 6% of overall IT related courses demand, the category is expected to grow rapidly as the Industry demand for quality mobile developers continues to rise, highlights Google.
Simplilearn, one of the premium certification training providers saw 6x growth in the last one year with both students and professionals opting for mobile development and programming courses.
Training partners like Simplilearn, Udacity, Edureka, Koenig, Manipal Global, and UpGrad are the key private players who offer mobile development courses in India. And starting in 2017, over 40 private and state technical universities will also offer the Android Fundamental course as part of standard curriculum.
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- Xerox Is Securing The Future Of Work
- Entrepreneurship Perceptions On Rise In India: GEM Report
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Amazon Beats Apple, Google To Become World’s Most Valuable Brand
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses