India printer, copier and multifunctional device market grew 40 percent in Q2, 2010
The combined printer, copier and multifunctional product (MFP) market in India totaled nearly 0.8 million units in the second quarter of 2010, growing 39.9 percent over the second quarter of 2009, according to Gartner, Inc.
“The end of recession, combined with a surge in end user confidence and availability of better credit, contributed to most of the major vendors experiencing a significant shipment increase in the second quarter of 2010,” said Vishal Tripathi, principal research analyst at Gartner. “Shipments by HP, Canon, Epson and Samsung, the top 4 vendors, contributed 86 percent of the total market in the second quarter of 2010.”
Canon experienced the strongest growth among the top 5 vendors as its shipments increased 77 percent in the second quarter of 2010, followed by Samsung with 74 percent growth. After some improvement in inventory, HP maintained the No. 1 position as its shipments grew 23 percent compared to the second quarter of 2009. Though Brother registered a substantial 244 percent shipment growth, it only represented 1.8 percent of the total market in terms of shipments.”
India Printer, Copier and MFP Unit Shipments Estimates, 2Q10 (Thousands of Units)
Note: Totals may not add up to 100 percent due to rounding
Source: Gartner (August 2010)
Canon emerged as the No.1 vendor in the A3 Flatbed Copier/MFP segment in the second quarter of 2010 with 28 percent market share, followed by Toshiba with a 16 percent market share. Canon also emerged as the No.1 vendor in the first half of 2010 with 23 percent market share followed by Ricoh with 19 percent share.
Samsung, with 33 percent market share, was the leader in the A4 Flatbed category, ahead of Canon with 26 percent market share. In this segment, HP recorded an 8 percent decline in market share in comparison to the second quarter of 2009, declining from 33 percent in the second quarter of 2009 to 25 percent in the second quarter of 2010. This was due to intensifying competition and increased focus from competitors.
The page printers market in India grew 82 percent in the second quarter of 2010. Canon’s shipments in this segment grew 100 percent, while HP’s shipments increased 74 percent, and Samsung grew 44 percent.
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- Fog Computing Market To Cross USD 700 Mn By 2024
- Women Hold Just 1 in 5 Sales Leadership Positions
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study