Mobile Internet users in India will double by March 2015
Come 2015 and India will all ready to bridge the digital divide with 165 million mobile phone
Internet users. Furthermore, India will have 130.6 million mobile internet users by March 2014 according to the mobile Internet report by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB, published on Wednesday. In December 2012, this number was 87.1 million mobile internet users.
According to the report, in October 2012, there were 78.7 million mobile users who had accessed internet in the last one month, which include laptop with dongles, tablet, dongles that connects to Internet. Of this number, there are 61 million Off-Deck Users (accessing sites other than sites of the operator), 15 million On-Deck Users (accessing only sites specified by the operator) and the rest 2.7 million users accessed the internet using dongles (i.e. connected to Internet using 2G, 3G or high-speed data cards).
The report further finds that the average monthly bill of a user who accesses Internet on mobile devices is Rs 460. Of which, the user spends Rs 198 towards Internet expenses. This is a very healthy trend as it shows willingness of the users to spend nearly 40 percent of the bill towards Internet access. The rest is spent on voice services.
Email, social networking services (SNS) and messengers have high usage among mobile internet user. Accessing online videos, games or reading online news are done approximately 2-6 times a week. While online games are accessed by nearly 50% of the Mobile Internet users, less than 30% of users read online news and watch online videos.
- How IoT Is Creating Modern, Smart Cities
- Nasscom Predicts Muted Growth For IT In 2018-19
- Technical Challenges For Implementation Of GST
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?
- Smart Cars Can Be The Next Big Thing For Indian IT Firms, Says Study
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Wipro Teams Up With Cisco To Unveil Internet of Lighting Solutions