India to have highest number of software developers by 2019
India will lead the software developer population by 2018 according to a new study by Evans Data Corp. in its latest Global Developer Population and Demographic Study. India now has a software developer population of 2.75 million but by 2018, it is projected to show an increase of almost 90 percent resulting in nearly 5.2 million developers.
United States leads the race as of today with 3.6 million software developers. China is another fast growing region with 1.9 million programmers as projected by 2018. Russia has also shown a strong surge in growth and is the dominant player in Eastern Europe. Latin America has shown moderate growth according to the study.
Overall, the total software developer population worldwide is expected to increase to 26.4 million by 2019, from 18.2 million today. However, the recent trends predicted growth in North America will slow down considerably.
The growth of IT in India is mainly helped by the rising population, about half the population being under the age of 25 and economic growth. Indian IT services firms hire thousands of employees in each quarter for example Tata Consultancy Services and IBM.
“APAC has shown the strongest growth for several years. India is, of course, the main powerhouse that’s driving such a strong surge in developers in that region, but China is also starting to come online and we expect that once it hits its potential China will become a rival to India on sheer numbers of developers,”said Janel Garvin, CEO of Evans Data.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- Education IT Spending In APAC To Cross $11.8 Bn By 2020
- Fintech Revolution: How India, APAC Cos Are Moving Ahead