India To See 850 Mn Online Users by 2025: Survey
India will see more than 850 million users by 2025, resulting from the enhanced devices and availability and adoption of faster connections which is also driven by Reliance Jio triggering most of the growth states a report by Boston Consulting Group [BCG].
“It took nearly eight years for India’s mobile market to reach 250 million 3G connections, but the country’s Reliance Jio 4G network added 100 million connections in just seven months,” the survey said.
By 2020, 40 percent inter users will be women while 33 percent are expected to be aged 35 years and old and half of all internet users will be rural.
“Digital’s impact is becoming pervasive across all consumer segments. India’s initial digital consumers were male, millennial, and mostly metro-based. The future looks very different,” Boston Consulting Group said.
Digital driven spending which is $45 billion-$50 billion a year, may increase more than tenfold to between $500 billion-$550 billion, it predicted.
Devices today are a combination of smartphones (with 3G or better connections) and feature phones with majorly 2G connections. This trend is however, towards faster connections and more proficient devices, the group said.
The more digitally mature people are, they indulge in more activities when they are online. As a result, digital influence on purchase and actual digital commerce are both increasing, the report highlighted.
“This will account for 30 per cent to 35 per cent of all retail sales by 2025,” it said.
From 2014 through 2016, the number of online buyers went up seven-fold to between 80 million and 90 million.
- CRO Initiatives Lead To Greater Customer Satisfaction: Study
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- Blockchain Projects To Lose Much Gleam By 2025: GlobalData