India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
India is ahead of countries such as Australia, Singapore, China and Japan in data literacy and awareness, according to a recent report.
In the world, where technology is taken over by robots is of worrisome for the skilled workers for their daily bread. The percentage of data literate workforce in the Asia-Pacific region is as low as only 20 percent, but the impressive fact states India leads the pack by 45 percent. India has the highest percentage of data literate workers, followed by Australia (20%), Singapore (15%), China (89%) and finally Japan (6%). India also scores high in employee empowerment to access data as compared to China and Singapore.
Out of over 5,000 full-time employees surveyed, only one-in-five (20 per cent) employees feel confident in their data literacy skills, which means they have the ability to read, work with, analyse and argue with data, despite growing pressure to use data within the workplace, stated the survey of APAC Data Literacy Survey.
There is an escalating skills gap and troubling lack of enablement by employers is preventing those in the workforce from making strategic, data-driven decision, this will create problems to the bunch of workers who are not even data illiterate. Hence, making it even more challenging to make themselves relevant in the workforce.
The survey also reveals, that about 71 percent of workers use data only once a week and 66 percent use work with a higher volume of data today. The full time worker are of the view that if they have the bandwidth and the right resources, they are keen on improving the data literacy rate.
We can see a clear gap across APAC whereby business leaders are demanding that their employees leverage data day-to- day to drive actionable insights. At the same time however, there is a noticeable gap in the level of support provided to empower them, Mclean said.
India is on the top as has the highest data literacy rate against the regional average of 20 percent.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools