Indian BI Market Grew 40.5% in 06-07
The Indian market for Business Intelligence solutions grew at a robust 40.5% in 2006-07, according to a report released by analyst firm Gartner. According to the firm’s estimates the Business Intelligence software revenues in India were US$19.4 million during 2006 - 2007.
The Gartner “Market Share: Business Intelligence Platform Software, Asia Pacific and Japan, 2007″ highlights that in APAC, Business Intelligence software revenues grew a healthy rate of 26.1 percent and in value terms the market stood at US$339.7 million during 2006 - 2007.
“The BI platform market in Asia Pacific grew a healthy 26.1% in 2007. While the region represents just more than 6% of the market opportunity, it is growing at nearly twice the pace of the global market”, said Mr. Bhavish Sood, principal analyst, Software Markets, Gartner Inc.
In its report, Gartner defines Business Intelligence as an umbrella term that includes the applications, infrastructure and tools, and best practices that enable access to and analysis of information to improve and optimize decisions and performance. A BI platform is further defined as a software platform that delivers most of the following capabilities under three overarching categories of functionality: integration, information delivery and analysis.
Microsoft has maintained its last year’s position as the market leader with a current 20.13 percent market share, growing by 25.5 percent to reach software revenues worth US$68.4 million in the Asia Pacific BI market, according to the Gartner report.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report