Indian BI Market Grew 40.5% in 06-07
The Indian market for Business Intelligence solutions grew at a robust 40.5% in 2006-07, according to a report released by analyst firm Gartner. According to the firm’s estimates the Business Intelligence software revenues in India were US$19.4 million during 2006 - 2007.
The Gartner “Market Share: Business Intelligence Platform Software, Asia Pacific and Japan, 2007″ highlights that in APAC, Business Intelligence software revenues grew a healthy rate of 26.1 percent and in value terms the market stood at US$339.7 million during 2006 - 2007.
“The BI platform market in Asia Pacific grew a healthy 26.1% in 2007. While the region represents just more than 6% of the market opportunity, it is growing at nearly twice the pace of the global market”, said Mr. Bhavish Sood, principal analyst, Software Markets, Gartner Inc.
In its report, Gartner defines Business Intelligence as an umbrella term that includes the applications, infrastructure and tools, and best practices that enable access to and analysis of information to improve and optimize decisions and performance. A BI platform is further defined as a software platform that delivers most of the following capabilities under three overarching categories of functionality: integration, information delivery and analysis.
Microsoft has maintained its last year’s position as the market leader with a current 20.13 percent market share, growing by 25.5 percent to reach software revenues worth US$68.4 million in the Asia Pacific BI market, according to the Gartner report.
- AI To Become A Job Motivator, Not Job Killer: Gartner
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- AI To Bring More Jobs, Revenues To Businesses
- HD Video Streaming Surges To 38 Percent: Report
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- How Robotics Is Changing The Shared Service Landscape
- Narvar Appoints Srivatsa Narasimhan As India VP
- Banks Investing Heavily On IT With Rising Digital Payments: Gartner