Big data solution market in India to boom
The market for big data solution in India is expected to touch $153.1 million by 2014, according to IDC. In its recent study commissioned by Netapp titled “Here Comes Big Data: Perspectives from Indian Enterprises”, IDC noted that big data solutions market opportunity stood at $58.4 million in 2011, growing at a CAGR of 37.8 percent for the period 2011-2014, with IT services and software contributing the major chunk of the overall market.
Understanding the growth and adoption of big data from an enterprise perspective in India, the study revealed that with information and data management becoming the most important goal of Indian enterprises, 40 percent organizations have already used over 100 TB data at present. The key verticals in this area include BFSI, media & entertainment, telecommunications, and government.
The research found out that the information-enabled intelligent economy produces a constant stream of data with social interactions, mobile devices, facilities, equipment, R&D, simulations, and physical infrastructure and all these factors are contributing to the phenomenal growth of big data. As a result of the explosion, about a third of Indian companies are witnessing a 60 percent annual growth in data, which is a big number.
The study also revealed that even though big data solutions market in India is currently at a nascent stage, with only 5 percent of the large enterprises having embraced this technology. By 2014, IDC expects the market penetration to reach 18.4 percent of the organizations in the large enterprises as well as very large segment across different verticals.
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs