Indian CIOs to Secure Digital Assets
Indian CIOs plan to increase their security budgets in the range of 10-30% to combat rising theft and leakage of intellectual property and financial information, an EMC Corporation-sponsored IDG Mindtrack survey said.
The survey based its findings upon the feedback of 148 CIOs polled from organizations across different industry verticals. The results vindicated the need for information management solutions that will mitigate the challenges associated with the exploding digital data universe.
The digital universe, according to EMC, is getting bigger and growing more rapidly as a result of accelerated growth in the use of digital cameras, Web 2.0 technologies, SMS, streaming multimedia and other sources of digital information.
Alok Ohrie, president, EMC India and Saarc, said, With Indian information infrastructure market reaching the $ 1 billion mark, vendors must align their products with the key concerns and the needs of the CIOs.
The survey shows us that companies must adopt an information-centric approach to secure their digital assets. RSA the security division of EMC, has always advocated a risk-based security strategy to safeguard assets, said Amuleek Bijral, country manager, India & SAARC.
The Mindtrack survey said that increase in unstructured data versus the availability of storage is driving corporate investments in storage virtualization, information lifecycle management and back-up/archival technologies, with the latter receiving the most attention.
In a bid to understand and get an unbiased assessment of their security credentials, a large majority of those surveyed will be outsourcing their risk assessment and security audit functions to a trusted technology partner, the survey said.
- How Banks Can Collectively Combat Security Threats
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- 5 Ways AI Can Live Up To Its Promise In 2018
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain