Indian eGovernance Initiatives Awarded
In a nod to the citizen’s “right to information” and transparency in government, and also improve India’s poor eGovernance index (in a list of 133 nations providing e-Governance, India ranks at 37), the 9th National e-Governance Conference was held at Kochi in Kerala.
The Department Of Information Technology, Department Of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievance and Department Of Information Technology organized the event. Organizations and institutions that have implemented eGovernance initiatives have been recognized and awarded, the awards given away by Kerala Public Works Minister M K. Muneer.
Nominees were judged against criteria such as strategic planning and implementation, information and analysis, human Resource Focus, process Management and performance and results. Awards were given under the Gold, Silver, Bronze and Special categories and further split as professional or new entrants.
The four major categories and some of the award winners in each were:
* Professional excellence for Process Re-Engineering:
Himachal Pradesh’s HIMRIS, Koshvani from Maharashtra, Assam Dharitree, Golden ICON Special Prize for GAIL India
* Exemplary Leadership and ICT Achievement of the Year:
Assam’s ASHA, Kerala’s Computeri-zation, Infinite Possibilities - From Nadir to Zenith - Government of Delhi
* Outstanding Performance in Service delivery:
Uttar Pradesh’s Lokvani, Vahan from Jharkhand, Rajasthan’s Aarakshi - Online FIR, Professional E-Delivery of Tax Payers by Income Tax, Karnataka’s Khazane and Gramdoot Mission in Maharashtra
* Innovative Operations and Best Practices:
Andhra Pradesh’s e-immunization Rural Health Call Center and Site Suitability for Water Harvesting, Professional e-Pension: Himachal Pradesh Unreserved Ticketing System by Indian Railways and Haryana’s Result through Binocular
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation
- Re-Skilling Efforts To Continue In IT Sector: Nasscom
- Frost & Sullivan Honors Tech Leaders For IT, Digital Innovation
- CIO Klub Gears Up For ‘IT Awards 2017’
- Frost & Sullivan To Honor Biz Leaders For Digital Innovation
- Vodafone Awards USD300-Mn 4G Contract To Ericsson: Report
- GMASA 2016 Awards Companies For Innovative Mobile Apps
- BSE-CIO Klub Awards CIOs Setting New Benchmarks
- Dell-CAI Awards For “India’s best CIOs”
- Frost & Sullivan To Honor Ace CXOs In India